This weekend was our annual Father and Son Outing. Adam was so excited to go he had been talking about it for weeks. I asked him to make a list so he didn't forget anything. Here's a picture of the list he made, not to forget his Blues Clues blanket, fluffy socks, skittles and twizzlers, a stuffed animal, and of course don't forget yourself:-)
The weather started out really nice, but we knew the forecast wasn't great so we thought we might get some rain. We ended up getting snow!

There were a lot of people at the campout and never once did I respond when he yelled..."Dad!!". He caught on quick and would yell..."Ryan Paul Penhallegon!!". Then I would go see what he was up to. I think one of his favorite things he did was play cards friday night by the light of the lanterns. He was so proud that he learned how to play California Speed, it was a new game for him. Some kids came up to him and said, "what you playin?", and he confidently said, "Colorado Speed". That made a few people laugh.

We knew breakfast was going to be served at 7am and we didn't want to miss that. Adam was up at the first hint of daylight, which must have been around 5:30am. I kept saying, "Adam go back to bed, I promise it's not 7am yet." By the time we actually got up, it was 6:45am and snowing. We woke up to a nice hot breakfast and some hot chocolate. By the time breakfast was over we got back to our tent and the snow had collapsed it. Good thing we weren't in it at the time.

By 8am we had eaten breakfast and already packed the car. We were home by 8:45am and when we got home, everyone was still asleep. Goldilocks and little bear were still asleep in my bed, so I snuggled right in with them and didn't get out for a couple of hours. The weather played a trick on us this year but we had all the skittles and twizzlers we needed to survive any snowstorm. Ok I take that back due to the tent situation. I should restate that, thanks to skittles, twizzlers, cookies, our favorite baked lays, all you can eat pumpkin seeds, and other various junk foods and a cruddy tent, we barely survived the smallest of snow storms.
3 comments:
Burrrrrrrrrr! Snow the end of May! You two looked like you had a GREAT TIME! So proud of my boys! There's No Place Like Home! LOVE YOU TWO!!!!!!
My boys get to go this weekend. Jenson is so excited cuz he gets to go for the first time. He couldn't go till he got potty trained, so this is FINALLY THE YEAR! I can't wait and neither can they. They'll probably have snow too. Making Memories, what great times!
That snow needs to just leave you guys alone! It's 90 degrees here in the good ole south. LOVE Adam's list. Don't forget yourself!! I think I'll start adding that to my grocery list. Adam rocks!!
Post a Comment