Friday, February 29, 2008

Still running!

Ok, so I promise not to keep updating this blog with boring news about running. But I had to say I completely blew my scheduled runs this week. Well actually I cheated...to some degree, if you can call it that. Monday we got to play basketball at the Delta Center for two hours. That's right, I still call it the Delta Center because to name it the Energy Solutions Arena is ridiculous! So now I just call it either the Delta Center or the Jazz Center. Back to running, I ran for two hours there shootin it up with my mad basketball skills that don't really exist(at least I didn't get hurt like I did playing flag football). And then after work this evening I busted out a 10 mile run! No biggie! I could have kept going I suppose, but there are other perfectly worthwhile activities to pursue on a Friday night so I stopped at 10. But that was it for the week. A little b-ball and a 10 miler and call it good for the week!
The story about flag football is a different entry all together, but suffice it to say that when a person gets hurt playing no contact, grab the flag, football, and the ground breaks your arm, it means I'm getting old. I suppose it's time to settle down and realize that the only thing left to do that's sports related is yell at referees at my kid's games. I have mid-life crisis-ees about once a year lately. My young buck days are over, my hair is pretty much gone except for my ears and nose, I turn my head to hear from my better ear, I may need glasses soon, I'm eating more fruit...willingly, and I'm the one saying, "not tonight honey I have a headache"! If this wasn't a family blog I would swear about right now!! My next high intensity sport...Fishing!

4 comments:

MaKey and Poppa said...

Just you wait!! Getting older is not easy! Keep up the the good exercise on running so your midsection and back section (body parts!!) don't pop out. You still have time before it's too late!

Staci Rocha said...

You guys make me laugh!

Where is the rest of the family and there comments?

flynn family said...

Hi Ryan--funny comments! I thought you looked really nice last time I saw you. Don't be so hard on yourself! ALSO--what is your family's new email address? When I send mail to your nebo net address it gets bounced back to me.

Ryan and Courtney said...

Kim,
Courtney will send you an email with her new gmail address. And don't worry I'm not hard on myself at all, I'm usually the first one to laugh about it. If I was any sexier Courtney wouldn't let me out of the house!