Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ryan's Deer Hunt

Not the trophy buck I was hoping for, but a great trip none the less. We were up in the high mountains of southern Utah for 5 days in a 3 season tent. It was quite cold at night, but thank heavens for a buddy heater that kept us warm when needed. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the mountains and terrain. After spending 3 nights in a tent, we asked JJ if we could sleep in her vacant house in Panguitch and luckily for us there was even hot water for a sorely needed shower and a place to get out of the wind. We were camping, but we also snuck into town for some hot meals too. My favorite was the bacon burger at The Merc in Antimony. I got this little buck on opening day as evening approached and he was standing still between two pine trees hoping I didn't see him. A 30 yard shot from the four wheeler trail, he practically fell onto my four wheeler. It doesn't get any easier than that! Brady got his deer on the morning of the last day right after it snowed 3 inches on us, which works to our advantage to see those wiley, wiley deer!

1 comments:

MaKey and Poppa said...

Nice!!! You Look like a hunter, you got your buck, & I am glad you got to take a shower at JJ's empty house in Panguitch. When it gets cold, I wish I was sitting in front of her wood burner in the family room! So glad to hear you have plenty of meat in your freezer after hunting & butchering the pigs! You are a great provider!!!!