Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Reason for the Season

This is our Nativity that has been handed down for generations. It was tradition for Ryan to set it up each year with the promise he would make to one day go on a mission. It worked for him, so we keep the tradition going with Adam. He looks forward to setting it up each year with the same promise proclaimed.
As the oldest child, Londyn gets to read the Christmas Story from Luke 2 on Christmas Eve.
By small and simple things, we hope great things come to pass...


3 comments:

Alysa said...

That nativity sure brings back a lot of memories. i love looking at it. That was one of my favorite parts of setting up Cmas too. I'm so glad to have my own now and have new traditions with my family.

You've been busy posting lots of pictures lately, I love it. Miss you all.

Staci Rocha said...

Hi Penhallegon family

How nice to have a White Christmas!

It looks like you have had a FANTASTIC Christmas. Thanks for sharing all the fun photos! I love your Christmas tree too, how fun to go cut it down. And Lucy really is an adorable Princess.

Merry Christmas! & we need to see some pictures of you-Courtney and of the little guy inside :)

MaKey and Poppa said...

When Ryan was growing up, I had no idea how important it was for him to set up the Nativity...Mother's just get so busy doing what mother's do...years later He shares with me how he felt & the promise he made each time he placed the nativity under the Christmas tree...I am so happy he has shared this with his family & the tradition is carried on & Upward!