Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kids and Korn

Our garden did alright this year. Next year though with enriched soil and a new drip system, the corn will be twice as big and we'll have 3 times the vegetables and corn. This last week I picked all the plums and after cutting down half the tree and 3 Wal-Mart bags of plums later, Courtney is saying enough already with the canning. We have plum jam and plum butter galore, enough for at least a whole year and enough to share with all the neighbors. The plum butter is delicious and the recipe is simple: Cook down the plums in a pot, puree in a blender, pour into the crockpot and add sugar and cinnamon to taste and allow to cook for 12 hours or so. Did I also mention there are other regular benefits to eating plums?







2 comments:

MaKey and Poppa said...

Darling pictures they are my favorite and I bet that corn tastes great! Please don't give up blogging I need your sense of humor to make me laugh it feels soooo goood!

flynn family said...

Where is my share of the plum jam??? Send some my way!! :)