Staci and I have a 1/2 marathon 2 weeks from today. She called me this morning to tell me she ran 12 miles in 2 hrs 10 minutes. Thanks for the encouragement Staci!! After 2 hours and 10 minutes I still had 2 miles to go to get home. I ended up running a little farther than expected, but that's a good thing, although my feet didn't think so. You should see my blisters. One of my little toes isn't a toe at all right now, just skin and puss. I could elaborate if you'd like. Now it's time to pretend that I have energy to get some other things done today. When I got home from running I was so famished and thirsty. Courtney is the best, she said I'll start cooking and you just tell me when to stop. Best lunch I've had in years!!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW! I can't believe you ran 15 miles. Good Job! I have some little blisters on my toes too. Other than that I have felt great! I have been eating a ton to make up for all those calories i burned. Right now I am snacking on almonds yummy yummy. Well, maybe someday we can run the Boston Marathon together ? ? ? Are we going to have t-shirts? BIG BROTHER, LITTLE SISTER . . .lets come up with an idea!
You have the best wife in the whole world. She is the best taking care of and loving my one and only son! You better have the doctor check that toe. It does not sound good and there is a dreaded flesh eating disease out there if you get a bad infection. You better watch that very closely. I mean it go to the doctor NOW!
That's a little bit extreme! My toe is fine, I get them all the time when I run long distances, it's part of the fun! Last time I checked, flesh eating diseases only get transmitted by children from nursery at church! If we encounter it, I'll take some pictures for you, but we're going to try really hard not to contract any fatal diseases.
Courtney did break her toe on Saturday. She likes to kick door jams I guess!
Extreme maybe, but you should have seen what I was picturing in my mind. I am a little sensitive as a friend I had just died of a blood infection at the age of 44 it hit really fast and she was gone. No warning nothing. Healthy one day and in intensive care the next and then gone. Strange illnesses around us and they take the best.
Post a Comment