To my one and only Dad, Happy Birthday!! These are just a couple of my favorite pictures that I wanted to share. A short paragraph cannot sum up a lifetime of lessons learned as I've walked in your footsteps, so I'll mention just a few. Our first fishing trip and my first egg McMuffin made me want to throw up all morning. As we got older and fishing trips got more expensive, the throwing up part never really went away. At least we caught some huge fish! Father/Son campouts and your willingness to hike whatever mountain we were closest to. Your example of working hard until the day is done. If you had $10 to your name in your wallet/watch, it was mine!(Please tell me you don't own that velcro army watch anymore). I'll always remember the day I got my first motorcycle, see what you started! Allowing me to drive, as long as I didn't tell mom. Making me work, work, and work some more. The importance of being frugal(using the same pillow for 15 years and driving the same car since 1983). Passing on the baldness gene, I couldn't be prouder, and someday Adam will enjoy the same pride. These two words I wrote at the age of 6 say it best, "My Dad", Happy Birthday!
Monday, April 21, 2008
My Dad!!
To my one and only Dad, Happy Birthday!! These are just a couple of my favorite pictures that I wanted to share. A short paragraph cannot sum up a lifetime of lessons learned as I've walked in your footsteps, so I'll mention just a few. Our first fishing trip and my first egg McMuffin made me want to throw up all morning. As we got older and fishing trips got more expensive, the throwing up part never really went away. At least we caught some huge fish! Father/Son campouts and your willingness to hike whatever mountain we were closest to. Your example of working hard until the day is done. If you had $10 to your name in your wallet/watch, it was mine!(Please tell me you don't own that velcro army watch anymore). I'll always remember the day I got my first motorcycle, see what you started! Allowing me to drive, as long as I didn't tell mom. Making me work, work, and work some more. The importance of being frugal(using the same pillow for 15 years and driving the same car since 1983). Passing on the baldness gene, I couldn't be prouder, and someday Adam will enjoy the same pride. These two words I wrote at the age of 6 say it best, "My Dad", Happy Birthday!
Posted by Ryan and Courtney at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ryan,
Thanks for your birthday wishes; and, as you might expect, I am headed for work shortly - it's just another day, but one worth pausing for - Thanks again. I'm glad you think postively on our experiences together - I enjoyed them too; and, now, you are passing them on (the lessons and the genes). Yes, I still use my Army watch/wallet, every day - wouldn't be without it - it is my greatest invention. AND, I have been driving my baby (VW) since 1981. Both of these items will have to be buried with me, sorry to say.
Have a great day - I already have.
Thanks
Dad
O' the memories of our Dad. It brings a smile and a little laugh as we reminisce about the good old days. Those are great pictures you posted I haven't seen those pictures before!
Dad it is time to have a burial for your watch! Maybe on your 60th birthday you can celebrate by buying a new watch/wallet, and putting your army watch in a time capsule and burying it. :)
Hey kids, I have tried to get rid of the wallet/watch It won't go away don't even try & as for the VW I won't be seen with him when he is driving that old thing! (I won't mention the greasy yellow stained pillow) I can't believe the VW is still ticking just like your ole dad 59 and going strong! Thanks for the funny hilarious memories on your dad's birthday we have had some good belly laughs!!!
Post a Comment